Free school meals are available to children up to 19 years of age who attend Warwickshire County Council maintained schools and maintained nursery schools on a full-time basis ie before and after the lunch break, and whose parents/carers are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.
Qualifying for Free School Meals
The current criteria for claiming free school meals are:
- family receives Income Support or Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance. Please note, Contribution-Based Job Seeker's Allowance does not qualify for free school meals.
- family receives the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- family receives Child Tax Credit and has an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190. Please note, families who are also entitled to Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim free school meals regardless of income.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related). Please note, Contribution-Based E&SA does not qualify for free school meals.
For more information, please visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals.
Site Contents and Design © 2017 North Leamington School